Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I've written and I'm sure there is so much I have to catch up on. Let's see where I should start.

Besides my recent post regarding Haiti, the last time I wrote was in September about the tomato at work. Life has been pretty hectic with work plus the 1/2 marathon I was training for and completed at the beginning of December. Mid January I signed up for 4 weeks of training with Max from Fit2DMax and spent 3 days a week working out more than I had in a long time. I'm now starting to work out 3 days a week with a co-worker at one of the local gyms.

I haven't necessarily set a goal saying I'm losing X number of pounds or getting down to a certain size. I just decided that this time the focus needs to be on including a healthy habit in my life. If, by default, weight loss and smaller sizes happen...then I will be that much better off.

I turn 40 this May. I had mentioned the whole exercise thing to my BGF and the fact that 40 is creeping up on me. His comment was "Your turning 40 in a few months. 40 isn't creeping up on you...it has opened the door, walked in, and tapped you on the shoulder." NICE! So, as I let that thought sink in I made an eye appointment. It has been since December 2004 since I had LASIK and for the year following I was very good about follow up visits, but hadn't been to the eye doctor since at least 2006. I spend a lot of time on a computer for work - I have a laptop and 2 monitors I work from and I read a lot. The doctor determined I need reading glasses. I said, "what kind should I buy at CVS." And she says, "your prescription isn't that strong so you will need prescription glasses." Oh joy! I now have reading glasses that need to be worn while on the computer (I'm not as good about doing that) and for reading!

And on top of the eye issues...my knee is driving me crazy lately. In December I had 3 injections of Synvisc in my knee (1 a week for 3 weeks) and thought I was doing really well. Got back to exercising and shoot my knee is bothering me! I just hope that knee surgery (for the 2nd time) isn't in my future!

All I can say is...with my 40th year going this great so far I better have a fun birthday party!!

Looking for some fun to come my way in May!!

No comments: