Thursday, November 4, 2010

Turning 40...

Originally I planned on writing something as soon as I turned 40, and then...well, life got in the way. And then my memory got the best of me. No one told me that as soon as I turned 40 (which was in May) I would start forgetting everything unless I had it written down (and even that's not a guarantee I won't forget since I then have to remember I wrote it down and where I put the note).

Life has pretty much been a whirlwind...not just because I turned 40, but in general. Busy at work, had a month long celebration of turning 40 including many nights out with friends, been helping my friend Heather with her amazingly fabulous business - Rinse Bath & Body, visited my grandmother in CT twice (one of those times included my mother and I taking a road trip with the dog) and recently trying to get back into the gym. Oh...and throw in a few doctor's appointments, volunteer activities, etc and life is B.U.S.Y!

I was not at all afraid of turning 40, and I'm still not upset about crossing that threshold. What I am upset with is no one telling me that time truly does go by faster as we get older, my back would instantly feel worse, my brain would be feebler, and I would suddenly see crow's feet where there weren't any the day before.

The goal I have now is to embrace 40 and start back to working out regularly so that 50 feels better than 40!

Cheers! Here's to another 10 years (and hopefully more)!!

No comments: