Saturday, April 25, 2009

Do you know what today is???

Most of you won't be able to put 2 and 2 together to figure out what today is beyond the fact that it is a beautiful Saturday and it's April 25th! But, today is a sad day for me in some respects...it marks the one year anniversary of the first official day of my salon being closed.

Last year at approximately 4:00 pm on Thursday, April 24th I announced to my team that we would not reopen for business the next day and for the next 1/2 hour I had an utter breakdown and anxiety attack and thought I was having a heart attack. I convulsed and cried and carried on - on the salon's kitchen floor - for at least 30 minutes. I was a failure in my eyes...and I had failed my employees and our clients.

Today I realize I learned a lot from that experience. I am glad I tried it, and I'm ready for a new and better phase for my life. WHICH STARTS RIGHT NOW!! (Well, in my mind it started yesterday or 1 this morning when I was typing out my other posts.)

I can't believe it's been a year...it's been rough, but it can only get better. Right? Please say I'm right!

No comments: