Wednesday, December 10, 2008

How to be Clumsy 101...

I am so clumsy and silly! And I don't just mean clumsy like tripping over myself (although I do that a lot) - I mean clumsy like doing things that don't make sense (almost like my mind is clumsy).

Here are some for instances:

I'm at work and we have to wear a badge. This badge must be swipped going in and out of main doors to building. So, one day I'm on the 2nd floor (where my exciting cube is) and have to go downstairs via the elevator so I can leave for the day. I am standing there wondering why the damn door isn't opening. Hmmm...I don't know how long it is before it dawns on me that I swipped my badge in front of the button instead of pushing it to go down. LOL

Another day I'm at work, standing in front of the elevator with some co-workers and we are getting ready to go to lunch. The elevator door opens and people are inside (that's what happens on elevators, you know) and it seems to scare me and I jump like 2 feet off the floor as if I have never seen people on an elevator before.

Then there was the day that my friend KM and I went to lunch and I come back and park the car as normal. On the way out that afternoon I am wandering around looking for my car. I try to call KM to see if she remembers where I parked. I am clueless looking for my car. KM calls me back and I'm like "Do you remember...OMG..." and I die laughing. I am laughing so hard I am doubled over and can't even really speak. While I am asking where my car is I realize I am standing right in front of it! This is why I start laughing so hard. Of course then KM is laughing and then I almost pee my pants laughing so hard!

So, now let's talk about being clumsy like tripping (my friend JA would really love this because he thinks it's funny when people fall). Most of my friends know about the terrible experience with dropping a 35 pound weight on my toe and breaking it to the point of surgery.

But...here's the dumb ass thing that happened tonight! Most people who know me make fun of my handbags and especially the size and weight of them. I have this really beautiful red patent leather one that I get lots of compliments on. One of the guys who eats lunch with some of us always says he can't pick it up because he didn't work out that day. I have a bad habit of putting my handbag on the floor next to my desk in my home office when I get home at night. Tonight I got up from my desk to go to the bathroom and bumped my big toe on my right foot. It felt like I bent the nail back or tore off the top layer of nail. So, after my stop in the bathroom I took my warm fuzzy sock off and not only did I peel off the top layer of nail - the whole corner of my nail came off and it was bleeding! Do you know anyone else that would happen to? NO and I don't either.

Man...I need to pay attention to what I am doing. Being clumsy is very dangerous. LOL

No comments: