Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Resolutions 2009

It's yet another new year and so we all decide to make resolutions for what we will accomplish this year. Every year people make unrealistic goals for themselves and then at year's end they are disappointed that the goals were not reached. I'm done following that tradition and have decided that any resolutions I set for myself will be realistic and (hopefully) easily kept.

I've decided to make a list of 9 things since it is 2009:

1. Read everyday for at least 15 minutes.
2. Consciously think before dropping the F-bomb (Is that really the ONLY word that would work in this situation?).
3. Remember to say please and thank you whenever appropriate.
4. Be a little more patient while driving. (I said a "little")
5. Complete a handful of 5 or 10k races this year. (I used to do lots of them.)
6. Try one food I have not tried before.
7. Exercise at least more than I do right now (that could be just one time this whole year LOL).
8. Be more open-minded about things in general (this may take some work and the help of my friends).
9. File my 2007 taxes (Dear God this has GOT to get done!).

Everyone - I hope you are able to come up with resolutions that you don't look back on with regret on 12/31/09.

May you have the BEST year of your life this year!

No comments: